* Found my passport! \o/ See, the new requirements are for presenting a birth certificate or passport when applying to get your driver's license switched over from one state to another. Well, guess who couldn't find either after moving? But I dug around this weekend and found my passport, so now I can get my license changed over, just in time to change over my car license plate before my tags expire.
* House inspection tomorrow at the new place! I'm excited. And then I'll go to the DMV afterwards and get that all sorted out with the car and license.
* Re-potted the roses this weekend, and got containers and dirt to re-pot the pepper plants and sword lilies who have seriously outgrown their current planters.
* Finally got the electric smoker, which was a house warming gift from my dragon's family (gift card, needed my boss to borrow his truck to go get it since it didn't fit in my car). We smoked tilapia and cod with a ginger sesame glaze on it and cherry wood chips, and omg, the cod is to die for and even the tilapia is tasty! (We both hate tilapia, it's tasteless and blah. Smoking it actually gave it flavor!) This is going to become a Thing to do, and hey, we can eat lots of tasty healthy and cheap fish this summer.
* Did shit all else productive this weekend. Didn't draw, didn't write, didn't finish the gardening, played entirely too much WoW and Minecraft (in my defense we leveled two characters from 45 to 52 via the midsummer festival in wow, which is time intensive but low key and gets us past most of the horrible hump from mid 40's to when things get fun again), didn't eat on any kind of schedule, and basically fell into the weekend inertia of "all plans fall apart".
I am somewhere between annoyed at myself for the usual "lack of discipline and willpower" that my brain likes to fault me for and annoyed at the world in general for failing to thus far provide any sort of scheduling or reminder life-hack/app/system that doesn't more or less immediately totally fail for me as it becomes more trouble to use it than it is to try to freely remember to do the things on my own.
I am also equally annoyed and frustrated that scheduling/reminder systems fail to stick for me and then ALSO give me the double whammy of "you are terrible and bad for not doing this thing" versus "this thing is a full time fucking JOB and it's my weekend and I will literally never have down time ever if I follow this schedule" (where "schedule" is things like "eat three meals" and "make a little time to clean up your cluttered junk" and "make time to push yourself into the higher level things you want to do like draw and write instead of settling on the lowest level inertia of gaming"). *throws up hands* I just... I don't know how to do this. I don't know how to reliably make the most out of my day but still balance SOME time for mindless fun things. I always do all or nothing - either I clean and run all the errands and DO ALL THE THINGS until I fall over (which usually happens once every three months or so) or I do nothing at all. I'm really fucking terrible at this "schedule things in small chunks and then do it reliably" shit.
But I need to figure it out or else shit never really gets done and inertia takes over and then I fail at all the things I want to do and let people down and annoy myself and everyone around me. This is very frustrating and I don't have any good answer for it yet.